Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christ in Us...

"Be wise in the way you act with people who are not believers, making the most of every opportunity. When you talk, you should always be kind and pleasant so you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should." - Col. 4:5-6

Those who don't know Jesus make decisions about Christ by watching us.

When we are kind, they assume Christ is kind. When we are gracious, they assume Christ is gracious.

But when we're dishonest, or disrespectful, or harsh, what will an outside observer think about our Lord?

We bring honor to Christ by the way we interact with other people.

When you help a classmate figure out a tricky math problem,

Or when you eat lunch with someone who is sitting alone in the cafeteria,

You are bringing honor to Christ.

We bring honor and glory to Christ when we serve others and shine His light in the world.


How do we show the love of Christ to the rest of the world? He gives us a formula in 1 Cor. 13:4-7:


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."


When I am struggling with showing the perfect love of Christ to others, I look at this passage this way:


Christ in me is patient. Christ in me is kind. Christ in me does not envy. Christ in me does not boast. Christ in me is not proud. Christ in me is not rude. Christ in me is not self-seeking. Christ in me is not easily angered. Christ in me keeps no record of wrongs. Christ in me does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Christ in me always protects, always perserveres. Christ in me never fails.


Will we ever love perfectly? Of course not. But we are called to love above ourselves. By experiencing the love of Christ, we will love others.


So today, step back and think... What are your actions revealing about your Savior? Are they shining a spotlight on Him or distracting others from His grace?


Have a great weekend, BCSMers!

No comments:

Post a Comment