Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bible Study

"How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word.With my whole heart I have sought You; Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments! Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You." Psalm 119:9-11

One of my most favoritest things in the whole world is studying God's Word. And nothing gets me nearly as excited as getting others into God's Word. It is such a treat to be able to dive into the Bible with students and watch as God stirs a passion for Him and His Word.

We are so excited for the return of Sunday Night Bible Studies. We will meet the second and fourth Sunday of each month from 5:30-7:00 pm. We start this Sunday, September 12th and end November 14th. The boys will be meeting with Brad at The Frady's House and the girls will meet with me at my house. If you need directions please contact me (siobhan@bcsm,org) or Brad (brad@bcsm.org). Cost for the study is $10. If money is an issue please let us know. Here is a little more about the studies:

The boys will be doing a study on James. By faith we are reborn into the family of God, but God wants more than justified infants; He wants mature daughters and sons. This Bible study on the book of James is a challenge to Christians of every age to keep growing up.

Girls will be doing a study of Philippians: Secret Power to Joy, Becoming a Star, and Great Hair Days. It sounds like the headline from a teen magazine! I mean, why would God care about how you feel about your hair? Well, He doesnt necessarily care about your hair, but He cares a lot about how you feel and act. If you get into what God says in the Bible, you can learn to be like a star and feel like every day is the best hair day of your life. An innovative walk through Paul’s Epistle to the Philippians, perfectly tailored to young girls -- leading students to understand the “secrets” of God’s plan for their lives; and revealing the spiritual power that can be theirs by the Holy Spirit. Readers will “join” Paul in his struggles and revelations; will examine God’s plan and their own responses; and will come to a deeper relationship with God and knowledge of His promises of empowerment.

No comments:

Post a Comment